LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Gov. Steve Sisolak announced he will extend the stay-at-home order until May 15. According to a press release, the new directive will also begin to ease some restrictions beginning May 1.
The easing of restrictions will apply to outdoor and recreational activities, as well as small businesses. This includes:
All retail businesses, including cannabis dispensaries, may operate under curbside commerce. This is similar to restaurants’ curbside pickup. Drive-in services permitted for places of worship. Congregants must stay in their vehicle and maintain six feet of social distancing with those not in their household. Outdoor activities, like golf, pickleball and tennis, may resume as long as they are done in a safe manner that prevents the spread of COVID-19.
Sisolak had earlier told ABC News that he will extend the stay at home order, which was set to expire April 30. He mentioned the reopening will happen in phases and that casinos will reopen in the third or fourth phase.
“We just have not reached where we want to get on a downward trajectory,” he said. “It’s not just a simple flipping of the switch and everyone is going to come back to Vegas.”
“Our statistics have plateaued. We’ve got almost 5,000 cases now in the state of Nevada and 225 fatalities so those numbers have kind of stabilized and hospitalizations and intensive care hospitalizations have begun to decline. And so we are looking forward to continue to bring our economy back to life a little bit.”
Gov. Steve Sisolak
Sisolak also mentioned he will ease some of the restrictions when it comes to retail curbside pick up and outdoor activites.
Sisolak is expected to release specific details in a Thursday news conference on how he plans to reopen the state.
The Nevada Republican Party responded